Almost everyone will be in involved in at least one automobile accident caused by a careless driver. Most car accident victims have questions about how to get medical treatment for their injuries and how to deal with the damage to their automobile. Many people are worried they will make a mistake and not be fairly compensated for their injuries. If you have been injured in an automobile accident in North Carolina you have important rights under North Carolina law. If you do not know what to do to protect your rights you are not alone. Cary NC Personal Injury Attorney Kevin Bunn can help you get the information you need to make good decisions.
- Stay calm and get to a safe place;
- Try not to move your car. Stay at the scene unless you need immediate medical treatment;
- Call the police at 911, even if the accident is minor;
- Take pictures of your automobile and, if possible, the automobile driven by the person at fault in the accident;
- Make immediate notes of what happened in the accident, including how it occurred, witness information, etc;
- Get the insurance information of the other person at fault in the accident;
- Get the medical treatment you need. Do not postpone treatment to see if the defendant’s insurance company will pay and do not seek treatment anticipating that it will help you recover against the defendant;
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Do not sign anything.
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident in North Carolina, or if you simply do not know what to do, I would be glad to talk with you. For over twenty years I have help injured people in Cary, Raleigh, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and across North Carolina with their car accident cases. I never charge for a consultation and there is no fee unless we recover.
Kevin Bunn is a Cary NC Personal Injury Attorney. His office is located in off of I-40 in Cary, North Carolina, convenient to Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina. If you have been injured in a NC automobile accident and you have questions about what to do please call or email for your free consultation with an experienced Cary NC Personal Injury Attorney.